CSC summer 2017 was amazing! Check back with us for summer 2018 classes. See you on the water…
CSC is proud to offer Women’s Sailing lessons!
All classes are taught by CSC’s female Instructors and limited to 6 students. This is a supportive class focused on safety, learning, and fun. New sailors will learn basic sailing skills, and returning sailors will have the perfect refresher course.
Here’s how we teach: a mix of chalk talks and land drills gives everyone a chance to learn basic sailing skills, then go out on the water and practice what you’ve learned. Students will rotate through positions on the boat: helm (steering the boat), mainsheet (the big sail), and jib (the little sail). Each student will have plenty of time to practice all these key roles, and by the end of 2 days you should feel confident sailing a similar boat with friends. Or take another course with CSC for even more fun!
Students learn on CSC’s RS Quest sailing dinghies. Quests are the modern solution for sailing programs across the country. The Quest is simple, stable, and safe, with advanced capabilities that grow along with student’s skills. Built to accommodate 4 people – perfect for friends to learn together – you will get up to speed fast!
The details: these 6-hour courses take place over 2 evenings. Classes meet at 5pm Wednesday & Thursday, and run every 2 weeks to make best use of high tides. Choose your session, and remember – sailing is even more fun with family and friends!!
3 Easy Steps to Register: (complete all three)
- Choose your Session, Add to Cart, and Pay online above. Please complete this step first to reserve your spot
- Submit the online medical and contact information form for each sailor
- Mail a signed liability waiver for each sailor to Clinton Sailing Club, 11 Hide-A-Way, Clinton, CT 06413
- Water!! PLEASE bring WATER in a reusable bottle!!
- Sunscreen applied prior to arrival
- Closed-toe water shoes (old sneakers will work)
- Sailors wade in the water to board their boat and when they practice capsize drills
- Clinton Town Beach has rocks, sharp shells, and mud (oh, the mud…)
- Crocs and flip-flops are not acceptable. They slip right off and are not safe
- Sunglasses with keeper
- Wide-brimmed hat with strap
- Rash guard or similar shirt for sun protection
- Properly sized PFD (life jacket) if you have a favorite, but we have plenty for everyone
- Easy to read beginner sailing textbook to review at home (Amazon)
Enrollments are non-refundable. If a sailor backs out of a class at the last minute, there’s little chance to find another to take her place. If we refund that enrollment and can’t find another, we lose that revenue, yet still have to pay our staff, insurance, etc. But we will make every effort to make you happy and to get you on the water if it’s possible to move you to another session. Please also note that we have no control over weather (including rain, thunderstorms, and high wind conditions); while we make every effort to get sailors on the water as much as possible, our first priority is the safety of our students and staff.
Questions or comments? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Session 1 – July 5th & 6th, Session 2 – July 19th & 20th, Session 3 – August 2nd & 3rd, Session 4 – August 16th & 17th, FALL SAILING! – September 9th & 10th
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.