CSC summer 2017 was amazing! Check back with us for summer 2018 classes. See you on the water…
Sailing lessons for 8-18 year olds are taught by our US Sailing Level 1 Certified instructors at Clinton Town Beach. CSC offers two levels of youth sailing courses:
Beginner: First time sailors, along with returning sailors eager to repeat last year’s fun, will learn basic sailing skills in this course. Laser Bugs will be used for our smaller sailors, and Flying Juniors (FJs) for bigger kids. A mix of chalk talks, land drills, and boat time gives everyone a chance to learn basic sailing skills and then go out on the water and practice what they’ve learned. The week culminates in a fun Pirate Day with buried treasure, super soakers, and more! Mon-Fri, half day.
Intermediate: Best for more confident sailors. Must have completed a CSC Beginner class or equivalent. The basics will be reviewed quickly, then will focus on getting to know your boat, rigging it yourself, and spending more time on the water than the beginner class. By the end of the week, sailors will enjoy some low-key racing to really test their new skills. Mon-Fri, half day.
Which class is best for your sailor? They’ll enjoy both, no doubt about that. But if it has been a year since they sailed, there’s nothing wrong with taking the beginner class again. Especially if your sailor is younger (say 10 or less), consider signing them up for the beginner class again this year, then follow-up with an intermediate class this same summer.
Morning and afternoon sessions available. Choose your week, then the AM or PM slot – 9AM-noon or 1-4PM. We recommend the AM session for younger beginner students when possible. **Classes WILL be held July 4th**
Note: the “Which Session” drop down list above only shows sessions with openings, and this changes at times if students switch to a different class. So if you don’t see the class you’re looking for, check back or email us to join the waitlist.
3 Easy Steps to Register: (complete all three)
- Choose your Session, Add to Cart, and Pay online above. Please complete this step first to reserve your spot.
- Submit the online medical and contact information form for each sailor
- Mail a signed liability waiver and code of conduct for each sailor to Clinton Sailing Club, PO Box 22, Clinton, CT 06413
- Water!! PLEASE send your sailor with WATER!!
- Sunscreen applied prior to arrival (Instructors WILL NOT apply)
- Closed-toe water shoes (old sneakers will work)
- Sailors wade in the water to board their boat and when they practice capsize drills
- The bottom of our harbor has rocks, sharp shells, and mud (oh, the mud…)
- Crocs and flip-flops are not acceptable. They slip right off and are not safe.
- Sunglasses with keeper
- Wide-brimmed hat with strap
- Rash guard or similar shirt for sun protection
- Properly sized PFD (life jacket) if you have a favorite, but we have plenty for everyone
- Easy to read beginner sailing textbook to review at home (Amazon)
Enrollments are non-refundable. If a sailor backs out of a class at the last minute there’s little chance to find another to take his/her place. If we refund that enrollment, and can’t find another, we lose that revenue, yet still have to pay our staff, insurance, etc. But we will make every effort to make you happy and to get your sailor on the water if it’s possible to move you to another session. Please also note that we have no control over weather (including rain, thunderstorms, and high wind conditions); while we make every effort to get sailors on the water as much as possible, our first priority is the safety of our students and staff.
Questions or comments? Please email email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.