Clinton Sailing Club (CSC) welcomes your boat donation! CSC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so all donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. This is a great way to help kids learn to sail.
If you are interested in making a charitable donation of a vehicle (boat), we will provide you with either an “acknowledgment” on our letterhead, or a Form 1098-C, in accordance with IRS guidelines. The value to be reported will be an agreed upon fair market value.
Past donations include a mint condition 2008 Catalina 16.5 (currently for sale); one of our coaching boats (“Buck”); and a 2010 Hobie 16. We either keep these boats to sail, or sell them to raise money for our programs. To date CSC has raised over $5,000 with used boat sales.
Based on our experience, we have developed the following boat donation guidelines. Please read below to learn more:
- CSC will accept boats in very good to excellent condition. No project boats!
- We are interested in 420s, Flying Juniors (FJs), Laser Bugs, RS Quests, Hartley 15/12.2s, Laser Bahias, and Hobie Waves/Getaways to add to our sailing fleet
- Small boats up to 17′ are also welcome for use in our Community Sailing Program or to sell and raise money for CSC programs. Examples include the Laser, Byte, RS Aero/Feva, JY15, Catalina 16.5/14, Hunter 170/140, Zuma, Sunfish, Catboat, and more
- Trailers in good condition and beach dollies (Seitech, Dynamic Dollies, etc.) are always appreciated
- CSC also needs high-quality coaching boats, either 13-14′ inflatables or 10′ and larger RIBs (rigid inflatable boats). Center console models are ideal
- We will gratefully accept other inflatables in good used condition to resell
- Outboards in top working order are also welcome!
Questions? Comments? Ready to donate?! Please contact us to discuss further!