Learned to sail on his family’s Sunfish, Hobie 16 and various Windsurfers. Numerous sailing courses from Annapolis Sailing School, Annapolis Naval Sailing Association, and the US Navy’s MWR division at Naval Support Activity Annapolis. Frequent bare boat charters as skipper in the Chesapeake Bay, Florida keys and Bahamas since the 1980’s. Co-owner of a Catalina 30 moored on the Town stakes. US Sailing Level 1 Instructor Certified. Safe Boating Certificate from the State of CT. First Aid/CPR Certified 2016.
Clinton resident since 2004 and the proud Father of two eager sailors (well, three if you count their dog Kaylee).
Things Al does when not sailing:
- Uber driver for his kids’ activities
- Kayaking on the shoreline
- Clinton Sailing Club – boat and website maintenance
- Clinton PTA – Exec Board, Communications
- Clinton Shellfish Commissioner
- Clinton Water Pollution Control Commissioner
- Youth soccer coach grades 1-3
- Web designer – Advanced Computing Solutions, Inc.